Prince Saheed Oseni, the son of the kidnapped Oba Yushau Oseni, traditional ruler of Iba town in Lagos state , on Saturday said the monarch was still in the captivity of his abductors, 14 days after.
Nigerian Pilot news reports that the 74-year-old monarch was abducted in his Palace in Iba on July 16 at about 8 p.m.
Oseni, who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos following the rumours that his father had been released, said that the monarch was still with the kidnappers.
He, however, pleaded with the kidnappers to release the traditional ruler.
“Contrary to rumours making the rounds that the monarch had been released by the kidnappers, he has not been released; rather efforts are ongoing to ensure he reunites with his family members and Iba community safe and alive.
“The Lagos State Government (LASG) is also working to ensure his release and everyone in the palace is not relenting in their efforts,’’ he said.
Oseni who hoped the rumour could become a reality, appealed to every Nigerian to also join the family and the community in prayers for the safe return of the monarch.
Meanwhile, SP Dolapo Badmos, Public Relations Officer of the Lagos State Police Command, told NAN that the command was working round the clock to ensure the monarch is rescued from those that kidnapped him.
“With all we have on ground, we are optimistic he will regain his freedom in a short while,’’ Badmos told NAN. (NAN)