Police has reopened the cordoned road leading to the exact spot of bomb explosion early this month in Nyanya, in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja, thus allowing motorists and pedestrians access to the road through which Jikwoyi, Karu, Orozo and Karshi residents access their homes.
Police has also reopened Kuje market that was hitherto cordoned to enable security officials carry out preliminary investigation of the incidents.
Nigerian Pilot gathered that the Nyanya road was reopened on Saturday, following the directive of the Police authorities, apparently to ameliorate the suffering of the motorists who are already faced with frustration, as a result of heavy traffic caused by the blockage of the road, while Kuje market was reopened to the public on Friday, but with the condition that no trader would be allowed to trade on the road corridors.
However, traders were yet to resume full trade in the market, as some of them were yet to recover from the trauma of the dastardly act of Boko Haram group, as at the time of filing this report.
Recall that both places were cordoned off by Police to allow for preliminary investigation in the coordinated insurgency attack by Boko Haram that claimed several lives and injured many others on October 2.
The authorities have however refused to reopen the other part of the road (adjacent) which was cordoned off as a result of the previous attacks by the Boko Haram insurgents on April 14 and May 1st, 2014, respectively.
A police official positioned at the blast point in Nyanya told our correspondent that the reopening of the road was in consideration of public outcry on the need for free flow of traffic especially at the peak period when people are either going or returning from work.
“The earlier blockage of the road was to enable security and bomb experts to carry out preliminary investigations, to ascertain the impact of the explosion,” he said.
A ‘fairly-used’ Okirika dealer, Mr. Okechuwu Osondu, who witnessed the Nyanya blast told our correspondent that he was yet to recover from the incident. “I witnessed the first attack in April last year and God saved me. As a result of that trauma, I stayed at home for months but later summoned courage to begin again not long ago, but just as we thought the government has found solution to it, I witnessed another one close to me on that fateful day. I thank God that I escaped unhurt,” he said.
Nigerian Pilot observed that there is fear among people using the road, having experienced insurgency attacks on the bus stop thrice, twice last year and the recent one.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE