court
court

Some sensitive administrative files were said to have been taken away from the headquarters of Nigeria Football Federation, NFF hours after a federal high court sitting in Jos reportedly sacked executive committee led by Amaju Pinnick and mandated Chris Giwa-led board to take over the affairs of Nigeria football.
Nigerian Pilot Sports gathered that no fewer than 50 files containing purported shady financial deals and other administrative report since 2014 were whisked away in broad day light by some NFF Staff acting on alleged instructions of NFF management on Friday.
An eyewitness who does not want his name on print told our correspondent that the files equally contain some materials that will aid the football house in carrying out their day to day activities.
According to him; “Some of us saw them carrying away those files in the afternoon on Friday after the federal court judgment that reinstated Giwa-led NFF board. I personally saw some the files marked registered.
“They took away most of the files from the account department. I particularly saw some of them with Sterling bank inscription written on them. Majority of the files with the Sterling bank transaction was carried out last year.
“It was so glaring that the files were taken away to prevent the incoming board from knowing the details of the things done by the Pinnick board while in office. They also intend to make things difficult for the new board to operate when they resume fully on Monday.”
Reacting to the development, a board member with Giwa-led board Johnson Effiong said “We will not spare anyone found to be involved in this kind of anti-public service behavior immediately we resume. We earlier addressed the media and declared that we will resume fully on Monday after our board meeting at the weekend.
“And we told the staff to remain calm. So anyone who will want to be used by any group to carry out any dubious act will not go unpunished.”
Johnson alongside fellow board member Sani Femi and former NFF Vice President Victor Baribote had stormed the country’s football house immediately after court verdict on Friday when they announced that Ademola Olajire has been removed as NFF Spokeman with Dr Robinson Okposun as replacement.
Cases of missing or misplaced files have been the bane of administrative process within NFF for years now. It would be recalled that shortly before the election that ushered in the current NFF board in 2014, NFF headquarters popular known as glasshouse was set ablaze in the morning, the penultimate day.
The fire which was allowed to rage on burnt important documents in both the office of Secretary General of NFF and the account section of the secretariat.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE