APC USA International Secretariat wish to congratulate the newly appointed members of National Economic Council under the able leadership of the Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo SAN. The choice of council members is highly commended. The constitution of the council signifies that it’s not business as usual and President Muhammadu Buhari has started work in earnest, thus diffusing the perception of slow pace of work since assumption of office in May.
To the members of National Economic Council, we say that the purpose and your call to duty is timely and recommend honesty and transparency in all your dealings! We trust that your team will further leave no stone unturned in helping deliver Nigeria from local and international accumulated financial shame and disgrace. Be aware that Nigerians and the international community are looking forward to significant improvement in Nigeria’s financial systems, economic development and business relationships. Please discard selfishness, pride, in the entire process, rather use collective-divergent knowledge, skills and abilities accordingly.
Once again honesty and transparency must be observed at all times. We would like to commend Mr. President, for the inclusion of the followings terms of reference in your assignment:
- Pervasive corruption; fuel and power shortages; public service reforms; and the need to allow every tier of Government to exercise its constitutional responsibilities, among others;
- This administration is fully committed to embarking on sustainable visionary initiatives and programs that will restructure and transform our national economy;
- Also committed to ensuring collaboration and facilitation of the International efforts to combat threats of cross-border terrorism, sea piracy, refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), financial crimes, cybercrimes, climate change; the spread of communicable diseases and other challenges of the 21st century;
- Council members to consider, as a matter of urgency, exploring efficient means of gradually liquidating all unpaid salaries of staff, which have brought untold hardship to thousands of families;
- The following North Eastern States: Borno, Yobe and Adamawa to articulate realistic assessments, costs, locations on Local Government by-Local-Government of affected facilities for submission to the President of the G7 for further verification and
- Articulating policies and programs that are people center and capable of driving further, the expected growth and development of the country as well as providing environment required for progress, etc.
APC USA wish to reiterate it’s confidence in this administration, irrespective of trivial issues that have brought about recent schisms within the party. We are confident that these issues will be resolved to the benefit of the party and Nigerian nation shortly.
In conclusion APC USA would like to once again call on the government of President Muhammad Buhari to please consider including Nigerians in Diaspora particularly technocrats who have demonstrated extraordinary expertise, in the management of Ministries, Departments and Agencies and when necessary in helping to resolve intra-party conflicts. One such Diasporan Nigerian, Prof Isa Odidi in his speech endorsing Mr. President at Eagle Square tasked Nigerians to “Take Back their Country” a clarion call among many others from the Diaspora that came to epitomize the thinking of all Nigerians of good will. Nigerians in Diaspora did not sit on the sidelines in the fight for President Buhari and APC victory and as such do not want to sit on the side lines in the governance of the country. Consequently we again call on President Muhammad Buhari and APC to engage Nigerians in Diaspora in the quest to “take our country back” that His Excellency has just began.
Once again, congratulations on your appointment and wish you every success in your new duties. Please be aware that you have Diaspora Nigerians full support.