• -Why I banned them – Gov

Beggars in their hundreds yesterday threatened to take legal action against the Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir el-Rufai for calling them terrorist.
This is coming as the governor shed light on why he banned beggars in the state.
They will sue the governor for allegedly defaming and tagging them terrorist.
It would be recalled that Governor el-Rufai as part of security measures had last Tuesday, after Zaria blast that killed scores, announced ban on street hawking and begging with immediate effect and arrest of anyone found on the streets doing so.
The beggars who stormed the Kaduna State Council secretariat of Nigeria Union of Journalist, NUJ, yesterday, said the governor’s ban is a gentle way of calling them terrorists hence the need to take legal action against the governor for defamation and to seek redress.
beggersThey dared the governor saying they will remain on the streets, until the government gets them gainful employment.
They insist they have the constitutional right to stay wherever they wish to stay saying until their demands are met, the government should prepare their graves that they would fight the battle to the finish.
The beggars, some of who have fled the state equally expressed regret over the government’s decision, saying that they voted Malam Nasir el-Rufai in the just concluded election, only for him pay back by banning them.
In addition, the beggars who thronged out in their numbers, said they are giving the authorities three days to rescind its decision or risk being victims of spell they would profess against them.
Reacting to the protest against his decision to ban beggars, Governor el-Rufai yesterday said the recent ban on street begging and hawking was for the safety of beggars, hawkers and others following suicide attack that rocked Sabon Gari Local Government secretariat.
Addressing a press conference in Kaduna, Governor el-Rufai’s Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Samuel Aruwan, explained that the ban on hawking and begging in the state was necessitated by security situation in the state and to ensure maximum protection of lives and property.
According to him, “Kaduna State government’s decision to ban hawking and begging in the state followed last week bomb attack that killed 26 innocent citizens and injured 32 persons at the secretariat of Sabon Gari Local Government area of the state.
“The ban of hawking and begging in the state was necessitated by security situation in the state and to ensure maximum protection of lives and property.

 


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE