Bomb Victims Association of Nigeria, BVAN, has alleged that N60 billion funds released by the Federal Government to help bring succour to them was not used accordingly as the victims continue to suffer and die.
The association disclosed this yesterday in Abuja at its public launch.
Speaking to Nigerian Pilot, Chairman of BVAN, Mr. Olatunji Kayode Oladele, said the chairman, Victims Support Fund, Dr Sunday Ochoche, specifically told them that the money was N54 billion but what has been released so far was N24 billion, including the recent N5 billion released, making the total of N29 billion, yet the bomb blast victims were not taken care of medically.
According to him, Dr Ochoche claimed that the N5 billion recently released was not meant for the bomb blast victims but for pregrenant women and children in Internally Displaced Persons Camps, IDPs.
Meanwhile, the BVAN chairman explained that the association was formed as a result of their fears, not fears of the souls lost, nor the permanent scars and trauma that unite them, but the fear of being forgotten in the society.
Oladele, who also was one of the Suleja INEEC bomb blast victims, called on governments and well meaning Nigerians to assist them in numerous areas which include securing an office space, financial support and logistics, to raise the hopes and meet the needs of those nursing wounds, suffering from partial and permanent disabilities and displaced victims as a result of bombings.
“We need to show love, care and supports by devising means of catering for children, widows and widowers left behind by those who died for our freedom,” he said.
Speaking also, a civil society organisations delegate, Dr. A. Mutiullah, who spoke on the role of the government and civil society organizations and others in reintegrating victims of violence, said Nigerian government needs to rise up to their responsibilities, especially in the area of protecting lives of its citizens and properties.
According to him, the victims needed to be rehabilitated, integrated and properly supported.
He urged the civil society organizations to judiciously use any fund obtained from international donors to help victims.
Recounting her ordeal, one of the Madalla victims, Mrs. Chioma Dike, who lost her husband and three children, said her two survived children especially her son (Marthins Dike) who till today has nail in his brain has not been attended to in the hospital as she was told federal government has not paid any bill.
Another victim, Mr Agbor Gabriel Obe, who survived Abacha Barracks blast said Asokoro Hospital where he was first attended to refused to complete his treatment as doctor said government was owing them.
In his response, the President, National Labour Congress, Comrade Ayuba Wabba who expressed dissatisfaction at the level of injustice melted on the victims, promised to assist them with any possible legal means.

Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.