Casemiro has signed a six-year extension to his Real Madrid contract, the club confirmed on Monday.

The 23-year-old joined the Spanish side from Sao Paulo in 2013 and spent last term on loan at Porto where he became a key player for the Portuguese side.

Rafael Benitez is said to be a big fan of the the Brazil international and he featured for the capital club in Saturday’s 5-0 win over Real Betis, coming on to play the final 25 minutes and helped set up Gareth Bale’s second goal.

READ ALSO  Mass Retirement: Group Call for Minister, COAS Resignation

Casemiro’s previous deal had been set to expire in summer 2017, but Madrid have now reaffirmed their faith in the midfielder by handing him a new contract which ties him to the club until June 2021.

READ ALSO  Terrorism: We must remain focused, dedicated, resilient – Buratai

The midfielder impressed on loan at Porto last season with a string of fine performances, particularly in the Champions League.

Porto consequently opted to exercise their option to make the deal permanent, only for Madrid to make use of their buy-back clause in return.

READ ALSO  Delta lawmakers pass vote of confidence on Okowa, others

Casemiro said in July of staying at Madrid permanently: “I’m living another dream and it feels like I’ve returned home. I was gone for a year but I was always thinking about being at Real Madrid. I’m really excited about triumphing here.”


loading...
SHARE