samib-forestsMILITARY personnel on
counterterrorism in the
North-East zone have
commenced air strikes on
Sambisa Forest, suspected
to be the last stronghold of
Boko Haram terrorists where
over 200 Chibok schoolgirls
abducted on April 14, 2014,
are kept.
Nigerian Pilot gathered
that the military begun
artillery attacks on the forest
yesterday after a series of air
bombardments of the forest
by men of the Nigerian Air
Force, NAF.
It was also learned
yesterday that the troops
had destroyed Boko Haram
defence system aimed at
recovering the huge swathe
of thick forest from the
insurgents.
Although the military
authorities were not
forthcoming on their
operations in Sambisa
Forest in Borno State,
Nigerian Pilot learnt that
the liberation of the enclave could be completed this week.
Last Wednesday,
Coordinating Spokesman
of the National Information
Centre, NIC, Mr. Mike Omeri,
had announced that troops
were heading to Sambisa
Forest with the aim of rescuing
the Chibok goirls before May
29 handover date of President
Goodluck Jonathan’s
administration.
Omeri said the troops,
having crushed the terrorists
in some towns and villages
had
Nigerian Pilot recalls that
the National Security Adviser,
NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki
(rtd) had last week expressed
optimism that the Chibok girls
are alive and will be rescued
by the military, which is set t
liberate Sambisa Forest before
President Jonathan leaves
office.
Col. Dasuki said the
movement of the terrorists
is being monitored and the
military is leaving no stone
unturned to “rid the country
of the last bastion of terrorists’
infestation.”


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE