FIFA president, Sepp Blatter has been provisionally suspended for 90 days.
Members of FIFA’s ethics committee met this week after the Swiss attorney general opened criminal proceedings against Blatter, 79, last month.
He is accused of signing a contract “unfavourable” to football’s governing body and making a “disloyal payment” to UEFA president Michel Platini, 60.
Abdoulaye Makhtar Diop, a Senegalese member of the executive committee’s adjudicatory chamber, said in statement Wednesday that the Blatter and Platini cases were being discussed at meetings in Zurich this week.
Ethics judge Hans-Joachim Eckert will take the final decision on the fates of Blatter and Platini, who were questioned as part of a Swiss criminal investigation last week.
Blatter is a suspect but Platini was questioned as between witness and accused person over a payment he received from FIFA in 2011.
The statement from Diop also said the committee was evaluating the case of former FIFA vice president Chung Mong-joon.
The South Korean has already confirmed he was being investigated for breaches relating to South Korea’s failed bid for the 2022 World Cup and for openly criticizing the investigation.
Swiss Blatter, who has run FIFA since 1998, and Platini, who wants to succeed him, deny any wrongdoing.
A final decision is likely to be made on Friday by Hans Joachim Eckhert, the head of FIFA’s ethics adjudicatory chamber.
No decision has been made on whether to suspend Platini. The ethics committee had been meeting in Zurich since Monday.
The investigation is centred on allegations believed to be around a 2005 TV rights deal between FIFA and Jack Warner, the former president of CONCACAF, the governing body of football in North and Central America and the Caribbean.
The latest development came hours after former FIFA vice-president Chung Mong-joon, who is also under investigation by FIFA’s ethics committee, told BBC Sport that his campaign to succeed Blatter was being “smeared”.
Blatter won a fifth consecutive FIFA presidential election on 29 May but, following claims of corruption, announced his decision to step down on 2 June. He is due to finish his term at a FIFA extraordinary congress on 26 February.

READ ALSO  FRSC recalls Sector Commander for cutting female personnel’s hair