Parades 6 over monarch’s death
Commissioner of Police Delta State, Alkali Baba Usman, has said that the activities of Fulani herdsmen in Delta State were a thorn on the flesh of the command.
CP Alkali hinted this yesterday in Asaba while parading the six Fulani herdsmen that kidnapped and subsequently murdered the Ubulu-Uku Monarch in Aniocha South Local government area of Delta State, late Obi Edward Akaeze Ofulue 111.
According to the CP Alkali, on 5th January, 2016, the Obi was kidnapped and led into the bush while his car was left behind with the engine on. The police, vigilante group and other Palace guards embarked on a search.
He noted that the hoodlums opened communication using the Obi’s phone and demanded for ransom on the 6th of January.
“While this was on, one Pastor Afamefuna Charles Ugbo was found wandering and taken to Umunede police station and confirmed being kidnapped together with the Obi.”
Alkali said in the course of investigation, the late Obi’s Samsung handset was recovered from one Jamilu Ahmed at Abraka market Asaba.
“The suspect’s useful statement led to the arrest of one Garba Abubakar a.k.a Dogo, who is the leader of the gang in Alfarma Village in Gangaza LGA of Sokoto State. Suleiman Musa, who is the second in command of the kidnap gang, while one Farida Abubakar, their girl friend, was arrested in Ngurore town of Adamawa State with handset of the kidnapped victim, and three others.”
Admitting to the crime, Suleiman Musa said that they only block the car to rob but decided to kidnap him because they discovered that the man was a rich man.
Meanwhile, the kidnapped victim along with late Obi, Pastor Charles Afamefuna, narrated his ordeal in the bush, saying “luck was on my side, these Fulani people were out to kill us”.
“One of the gang members decided to kill us after three days in the bush.
“But we decided to run away instead allowing ourselves to be killed. I and the late Obi decided to run immediately the Fulani man removed the black mask and was trying to put on a red mask. We resolved that instead of waiting to be shot we should run for our lives.
“When I was running, I heard three gunshots, possibly the Obi could not make it. It was a thick forest that security men searched for seven days for the Obi before his dead body was found”, he narrated.

READ ALSO  IGP urges partnership with monarchs for maximum security