European Union foreign policy Chief, Federica Mogherini, has condemned the recent Boko Haram attacks,which claimed over 150 lives in two villages in Borno State.
Mogherini, in a statement yesterday, said the attack, which was targeted at Muslim worshippers during the holy month of Ramadan is another attempt to destabilise the country and the region.
He said, “The EU stands with the Nigerian people and authorities in our common fight against terrorism.
Boko Haram fighters tried to take Maiduguri a number of times earlier this year before an army offensive drove them out of large chunks of the territory, but the fighters have since resorted to deadly hit-and-run attacks on settlements and using suicide bombers.
They have intensified their strikes since President Mohammadu Buhari vowed to crush them when he was sworn in on May 29.
About 15,000 people have been killed and about 1.5 million displaced during Boko Haram’s six-year fight to create an Islamic state in the northeast of Nigeria.
In 48 hours time, Nigerian Pilot Sunday gathered that the terrorists, in their fresh wave of massacres in the northeast on Friday, killed nearly 200 people.
The act has been described by President Buhari as “inhuman and barbaric”.
The militants have staged multiple attacks across restive Borno state since Wednesday, gunning down worshippers at evening Ramadan prayers, shooting women in their homes, and dragging men from their beds in the dead of night.
At least 150 people have been killed in attacks this week by the Boko Haram militants, including scores of men praying in mosques.

Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.