Youth Urges FCT Minister, to probe JIBA over IGR

Embattled former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, yesterday arrived in Nigeria from his base in the United States to respond to an invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, in connection to N4.75billion arms funds allegedly traced to him.
The former minister arrived in Lagos from the United States enroute Amsterdam and headed for Abuja to keep an earlier scheduled appointment with the EFCC yesterday.
A highly placed source at the commission who confirmed yesterday to Nigerian Pilot that the embattled former minister was currently facing a crack team of EFCC operatives who are interrogating him in the alleged arms deals scam.
According to the source, Senator Obanikoro will be in custody of the commission for many days because there are a lot of allegations hanging on his neck that he needs to clear.
He said that the acting chairman of the commission, Ibrahim Magu has already instructed the legal department of EFCC to commence a process of securing a court order that will keep the embattled former minister of Defence beyond 48hrs.
He further added that the court order if granted will enable the operatives of the EFCC to conclude all its pending investigations before formal arraignment in court.
The EFCC is investigating a firm, belonging to two sons of Obanikoro, Sylvan McNamara for receiving N4.75billion arms funds from the office of the former National Security Adviser between April 4, 2014, and December 15, 2014.
The two sons are Babajide and Gbolahan.
The commission is claiming with documentary proof that a total of N4.745billion was paid into the Diamond Bank account of Sylvan McNamara during the period.
The minister arrived Abuja from Lagos by 7:45am and headed to the EFCC to keep his appointment with the anti-graft agency.
As at the time of filing this report, Senator Musliu Obanikoro was still being held at the Idiagbon block of the commission headquarters in Abuja.
The Head of Media and Publicity of EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, could not be reached for comments, as the calls to his mobile telephone were ringing but he refused to pick his calls.

READ ALSO  Senate probes Customs over invasion of Sango Otta market