Federal government yesterday vowed to bring to book any person who is found sponsoring Boko Haram in the country, stressing that nobody who is responsible for putting this country where it is today would go unpunished.
This was disclosed by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, during a world press conference in Abuja yesterday where he added that the federal government would follow due process in doing this.
He restated government’s commitment to any course that would assist the military in achieving the presidential directive of ending insurgency in the country, especially north eastern part, by December 31, 2015, and expressed satisfaction with the achievement of the military so far, particularly in reclaiming territories hitherto occupied by the insurgents.
Meanwhile, there was a twist when the minister told some local and international media chiefs present at the conference that the military might not totally put a stop to the bombings of some soft targets, but would obviously make appreciable mark particularly in dissipating the strength and energy of the insurgents so that they would have not the ability to attack like before.
He said that from what was on ground today, the Nigerian military would win the war but insisted that what was going on between the army and the terrorists was not “a regular war but a gorilla war that is not very predictable.
“Nigerian army will substantially decimate Boko Haram in such a manner that they will not be able to carry out such an attack again.
“By the end of this month, Boko Haram will not be able to hold any territory but as for bombings, it will taper off gradually,” he assured.
“Without mincing words, Nigerians owe a debt of gratitude and encouragement to our gallant men and women in uniform for their patriotism, sacrifice and service. I say this because what I saw during my trip to Maiduguri, Konduga, Kaure and Bama last Saturday left me and indeed all members of my entourage in awe of the commitment and loyalty of the military to our country’s peace and unity.
“The Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin himself briefed me at the Command and Control Centre at the Maimalari Cantonment; and he was very categorical in saying and I quote that ‘the reality on the ground is that we are winning the war and the military is working very hard to meet the December deadline which he said is very reassuring,” he explained.
He promised that his ministry would soon initiate a process to bridge the gap between the military and the media, saying that the structure would include top military and intelligence officials as well as senior journalists.
On agitation for Biafra, Mohammed assured that the federal government was concerned about the trend and was working assiduously to put end to it through high level consultancy that was ongoing presently.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE