No few than three persons lost their lives to generator fumes at Emeyal Community, in Ogbia local government area of Bayelsa state.
The three bodies were found when policeman responded to a distress call, and forcefully opened the house to discover their decomposed bodies.
According to a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Asinim Butswat and made available to Nigerian Pilot stated that, “on 29th July, 2015 about 15.50hrs, Policemen responded to a distress call, that a foul smell was oozing out of the house of one Ibieneye Tubotamuno in Emeyal Community, in Ogbia LGA.
“The Policemen forced the house open and discovered the dead bodies of Ibieneye Tubotamuno, 34, Jennifer Asiagbuladia ‘f’’ 30, and Goodluck Tubotamuno ‘m’ 8.”
According to him, “preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased must have died about three days back, when they were last seen, as a result of inhaled fume from a generator exhaust, which was kept inside their living room.
“Corpses were deposited at the Federal Medical Centre, FMC morgue, Yenagoa for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing.
In a related development, Bayelsa state police command Wednesday confirmed the death of two children due to fire outbreak.
The police spokesman said, “Today 29th July, 2015 about 11am, one Ase Agamawa, of Otuoke in Ogbia LGA, reported that there was a fire outbreak in his batcher at Otuoke, which resulted in the death of his two children namely: Favour Agamawa, 7 years old and Juliet Agamawa, 6 years old.”
Preliminary investigation revealed that the fire was as a result of a lit mosquito coil in the house. Corpses were deposited at the Federal Medical Mortuary, Yenagoa, for autopsy.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE