gunmenThree girls were Monday night abducted from Babington Macaulay Junior Seminary, BMJS hostel by gunmen. The school is located at Agunfoye-Ilegbusi village, off Itokin-Ijebu Ode road, Ikorodu, Lago.
The State Police Commissioner, Fatai Owoseni, yesterday, visited the school and promised to find the abductors. He said the assailants, suspected to be dislodged pipeline vandals, struck about 8pm on Monday, gaining entry into the school by breaking the perimeter fence shielding the boarding students from surrounding bush.
The school warden said the girls were abducted Monday night, while policemen have been deployed to keep watch over the school.
The missionary school, which was founded in October 1996, is affiliated to the Church of Nigeria and the Anglican Communion, founded by Joseph Abiodun Adetiloye, former Primate of the Church.
The school prides itself as a co-educational secondary institution of Lagos Anglican Dioceses and was named after Late Reverend Thomas Babington Macaulay who was the founder of C.M.S. Grammar School, Bariga, Lagos in 1859.
Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO of the state Police Command, Dolapo Badmus, a superintendent of police, said: “The three female students were taken away by some criminals on Monday night but investigations are on to track them. At this moment, we cannot give you more information but you will be briefed as event unfolds.”

READ ALSO  Salary fraud: Dickson inaugurates probe panel

Police take custody of abducted Bayelsa girl, Ese, await parents arrival
Bayelsa-born teenager, Miss Ese Oruru, who was allegedly abducted and moved to Kano to marry one Yunusa Yellow, who was in handcuffs, arrived the Nigerian Police Headquarters Abuja yesterday at 12.55 p.m in company of two women and three men, all in Hausa native attire.
Ese and those who accompanied her were immediately ushered into the office of the Force Spokesperson, ACP Bisi Kolawole, but afterwards taken to another office.
They were flown by the Zone 1 office of the Assistant Inspector General, AIG in Kano.
The 14-year-old Ese, who was converted to Islam, was covered in a white hijab on arrival at the Force Headquarters, even as she was looking firm without a smile on her face.
Zone 1 police spokesman, Rabilu Ringim, said the duo have left their office in the wee hours of yesterday after their statements were taken.
Rabilu said, “the girl and the boy have been flown to Abuja headquarters of the Nigeria Police for proper handing over to her parents”.
Nigerian Pilot gathered that Yunusa will be detained at force headquarters and questioned over his involvement in the saga.
She is expected to be handed over to her parents.
The alleged abduction of Ese in August 2015 by Yunusa, a customer of her mother, Rose Oruru, a food vendor, caused a firestorm in the media, and the emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, who was in the middle of the controversy for Force spokesman, ACP Kolawole, told journalists that Ese’s parents were still being expected by 4pm.
But at the time of filing this report 7pm last night, journalists were waiting to capture Ese’s reunion with her parents, even as it was gathered that Ese’s mother was still at Lokoja. The parents were said to have left Yenagoa around 6am to Abuja.
Ese has been closeted in the conference room of the Force Public Relations Officer since was brought to the force headquarters about three hours ago.
Journalists who seemed impatient with the delay were relocated from the 7th floor to the Peace Keeping Hall in the 5th floor where the IGP, Solomon Arase was expected to brief newsmen.
Speaking on the reason for the delay, ACP Kolawale said: “The handing over is delayed because the girl’s parents are still on their way. Their bus took off around 6am from Yenagoa and we are still waiting for them to arrive.”
AIG in charge of Zone 1 Police Headquarters, Kano, Shuaibu Gambo, said Yunusa would be charged to court to face criminal charges, while Ese would be handed over to police commissioner in charge of Bayelsa State, who in return will hand her to her family.
According to him, IGP Solomon Arase would address a press conference on the matter, saying the IGP would give details of the case to the press.
Shuaibu, however, denied that Miss Oruru was taken to hospital for check-up. “That is all I can tell you. I promise to talk to you as soon as the IG gives me go-ahead. Pre-empting him is an act of insubordination,” he added.
Speaking with newsmen shortly after Ese arrived the Force Headquarters, Kolawole said the police would address a press conference upon the arrival of her parents who were on their way to Abuja from Bayelsa State.

READ ALSO  50-year-old jailed for 9 years for defiling 11-year-old