Suspended lawmaker, Abdulmumin Jibrin, on Thursday said he had made good his threat to submit to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, names of 50 members of the House of Representatives who allegedly took illegal allowances.
Mr. Jibrin said he demanded a thorough investigation of the individuals as well as their prosecution.
The development is the latest in the unfolding budget padding scandal which Mr. Jibrin first brought to the public attention in July and for which he is serving a one-year suspension.
It followed the expiration of a three-day ultimatum Mr. Jibrin gave lawmakers to return their illegal allowances through the Clerk of the National Assembly.
Although Mr. Jibrin said he delivered a petition against 50 lawmakers, his statement to PREMIUM TIMES contained only 12 names.
Familiar names on the list included Speaker Yakubu Dogara; his deputy, Yusuf Lasun; House Whip, Alhassan Doguwa; Minority Leader, Leo Ogor; Herman Hembe, chairman of House Committee on FCT and a Kaduna lawmaker, Adams Jagaba.
The list included six members whose names did not feature in previous statements.
They are, Timothy Golu, Yunusa Abubakar, Mukaila Kazzim, Lynda Ikpeazu, Abdulrazak Namdas, and Nicholas Osai.
Mr. Jibrin’s statement also left out the amount each lawmaker allegedly claimed in illegal allowances.
All the 12 lawmakers declined comments on Thursday night, with Mr. Abubakar saying Mr. Jibrin’s statements no longer deserve a response from members since he had been suspended.
“I will not dignify a suspended lawmaker with any response,” Mr. Abubakar said. “He’s not my colleague.”
EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujiaren, said he could not immediately confirm Mr. Jibrin’s statement.