The man who blew himself up at a mosque in Kuwait on Friday, killing at least 27 people, had just flown in from Saudi Arabia, officials said Monday.

Kuwaiti officials had previously identified the bomber as a Saudi citizen. Authorities in Bahrain said the bomber flew through Bahrain and arrived in Kuwait on Friday.

READ ALSO  INEC conducts rerun elections in 5 Area Councils today

“The person responsible for the terrorist blast in Kuwait arrived at Bahrain International Airport from Riyadh on June 25 on Gulf Air flight 170 at 10:40 pm.,” Bahrain’s Ministry of Information said. “He remained in Bahrain transit area until he left for Kuwait on Gulf Air flight 211 at 1:10 on Friday June 26.”

READ ALSO  DIG warns policemen against illegal killings in the country

Also, on social media, the terrorist group ISIS posted what it said was an audio message from the bomber, whom it called Abu Suleiman al-Muwahid — presumably the man’s nom de guerre. In the message, which the bomber called his “will to my brothers and to my enemies,” he waned that “what comes next will be worse and more bitter.”

READ ALSO  Change of name not in our agenda – PDP

Kuwait’s Interior Ministry identified the attacker on Sunday as Fahad Suleiman Abdulmohsen al-Gabbaa.

Thousands attend funerals of Kuwait mosque attack victims.


loading...
SHARE