A family of seven, comprising of the father, mother, grandmother and children have been wiped out in Lagos when fire gutted the building they lived in at No. 23 Michael Ogun Street, Obele, Lawanson, Surulere, Lagos.
It was gathered that a girl was rescued alive in the fire incident while seven other members of the family did not make it alive.
The tragic fire accident which neigbours said started in the early hours of Wednesday has thrown the neighborhood into shock and deep mourning.
Residents living around the area are now lamenting over the inferno which took the occupants of the building unawares.
A resident who is closed to the deceased family members stated that the fire which might have started around 12.10am on Wednesday early morning caught the family who were in a deep sleep unawares.
He maintained that the family members who died in the inferno were good people who would not do anything to hurt others.
There was however conflicting figures by the neigbours, some said nobody came out of the building some others said a little girl was rescued alive.
What could have resulted to the fire outbreak in the house is still unknown as people are speculating that a power surge from electricity might have caused the accident.
Confirming the incident, Director Fire Service, Lagos State, Mr. Rasaq Fadipe said the state fire service responded to 12 fire disasters the previous night.
Fadipe said he was still at a loss on the high casualty figure as the fire was not that severe.
According to him, the kitchen was not affected, showing that the fire was not too severe, as nobody can explain why it was that serious because the survivor was rescued from the bathroom.
Fadipe called on Lagos residents to be more vigilant.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE