meccaFour female pilgrims from Gombe State have been declared missing, following Friday’s Crane crash at the Holy Ka’aba Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
NAN reports that one other female pilgrim was injured in the incident.
The State Amirul-Hajj, Alhaji Abdullahi Mai-Kano, disclosed this while sympathising with the state pilgrims in Mecca over the mishap, yesterday.
Mai-Kano said that the four pilgrims were from Akko, Dukku and Nafada local government areas of the state.
He said the other faithful sustained injury in her head, but had been treated and discharged.
He explained that the four pilgrims were declared missing after a thorough verification and bed checking in the three houses accommodating the state pilgrims.
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON, had on Saturday confirmed that three Nigerian pilgrims sustained minor injuries in the crane crash in Mecca’s Grand Mosque in Saudi Arabia.
Chairman of the commission, Mallam Abdullahi Mukhtar, who made this known at a news conference in Abuja, said that the victims were responding to treatments in the Holy land.
Mukhtar, who did not name the victims, however, said that two were from Kaduna and one from Gombe.
He expressed deep shock over the sad incident but assured that it would not affect this year’s exercise in any way.
Media report had said that 107 people were dead and over 200 people were injured in the incident.
“On the commission’s part, we have advised the various states pilgrim boards not to allow their pilgrims to go close to the Grand Mosque for now.
“They have adhered strictly to our directive and it is yielding positive results,’’ he said.
Mukhtar also disclosed that 53,800 Nigerian pilgrims had so far been transported to Saudi Arabia as at Saturday.
He promised that the remaining prospective pilgrims would be transported to the Holy land before the deadline of September 18.
Meanwhile, Ogun State Muslim Pilgrims’ Welfare Board has affirmed that no pilgrim from the state was affected in the crane that crashed into Mecca’s Grand Mosque, the Kabbah, killing at least 107 people, with scores more injured, days before the commencement of this year’s Hajj.
This was contained in a statement made available to Nigerian Pilot in Abuja, yesterday.
The Amir-ul-Hajj of the State, Alhaji Rasheed Raji made the confirmation in an interactive session with the pilgrims and board members in Saudi Arabia to ascertain that no Ogun pilgrim was involved in the tragedy.
Alhaji Raji said though the tragedy was unexpected and uncalled for, it was painful that it happened and prayed for the souls of the departed and for Almighty God to forgive their sins, grant them Aljanat Fridaus as well as give their family members the fortitude to bear the loss.
He thanked Allah that no pilgrim from the state was involved in the ugly incident, explaining that all the Ogun State pilgrims observing the Hajj this year were hale and hearty, noting that medical experts were fully on ground to take care of them in the event of any report of unusual feelings.
The Amir-ul-hajj, who is also the Baba Adini of Egbaland, assured the people of the state not to panic about their families and loved ones, as packages that would guarantee improved welfare of the pilgrims had been put in place for them by the state government.
Meanwhile, the third batch of the Muslim pilgrims from the state last Saturday visited historical places in Mecca, as part of activities lined up for the Hajj exercise.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE