- B/Haram kills 8 in Chibok church attack
Militant group, Niger Delta Greenland Justice Mandate, NDGJM has allegedly blown up a pipeline operated by the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company, NPDC, in the Ughelli area of Delta state.
spokesman of the group Aldo Agbalaja, who disclosed this in a statement, stated that the NDGJM’s strike force was behind the incident which occurred on Sunday.
Describing the military’s operations as a waste of time, Agbalaja said his group is determined to achieve blow up of Afiesere-Ekiugbo delivery line.
“The Opudo strike force, at about 11:30 pm on Sunday, September 18, 2016, struck the Afiesere – Ekiugbo delivery line in Ughelli, operated by NPDC/Shoreline,” he said in a statement.
“The Operation Crocodile Tears is not slowing down, but determined to achieve target. Until the federal government takes the proper steps, this song will continue to play.
“This is to once again emphasise our earlier revelation that the so-called Operation Crocodile Smile is nothing but a scam: some jumbled job, sewn together to retire some recently embezzled military budget.
“This is to you, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen TukurBuratai, let you crocodile continue to smile, your time of reckoning is at hand, probably by the time the smiling crocodile finally sinks, you will see its tears and blood.
“Under your nose, the very task of guarding oil assets (which we consider a waste of time, resources and a failure of priorities) will fail because you are both insincere and incompetent. We‘re just starting “The Niger Delta Greenland Justice Mandate is just starting, you are yet to see what we are about, by the time the alpha operations are initiated, you will need more than these fighter jets to keep your troops safe in any part of the Niger Delta.”
Boko Haram kills 8 in church attack in Chibok
Suspected members of Boko Haram terror group have reportedly attacked a church, killing no less than 8 persons shortly after morning service last Sunday in Kwamjilari village, about 30 kilometres east of the town of Chibok, in Borno State.
According to local residents, the attackers came on bicycles with guns and opened fire on some worshippers, who were around the church premises.
An eyewitness, Luka Damina, from nearby Kautikeri village, where locals fled confirmed the attack saying, “Unknown to the residents, the gunmen had stationed some of their comrades on the road leading out of the village and they shot anyone who tried to flee.
“Many people ran into the bush with gunshot wounds. But so far we can only confirm eight deaths.”
The attackers set fire to homes and fields of maize that were almost ready for harvest, according to a local chief in Kautikeri, who also said eight people were killed.
The chief said soldiers were later deployed to Kwamjilari from Chibok, the scene of a notorious kidnapping in 2014 when more than 200 schoolgirls were seized.
Nigerian Pilot recalls that there was similar attack in the area last month where 10 people were killed and 13 others kidnapped, while homes were looted and set on fire.
…kills 6 civilians, injures 3 soldiers in ambush
In a related development, suspected elements of the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists who were foraging for food, ambushed troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE escorting commercial vehicles from Damboa to Maiduguri, at Sanda general area, Borno State killing 6 civilians, while 3 soldiers sustained injuries.
Army spokesman, Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman confirmed the attack in a statement saying the wounded soldiers have been evacuated to Maiduguri for treatment.
“Unfortunately, 5 civilians lost their lives at the incident and another died on the way to the hospital. Three soldiers also sustained injuries”, Col. Usman stated.
The army officer said as a result of the attack, another robust patrol team has been despatched to reinforce the troops, clear the general area and pursue the terrorists.
“This unfortunate incident has brought to the fore the need for more vigilance and cooperation amongst all.
“We would like to assure the public that we would not allow this isolated incident to thwart the peace and security commuters enjoy along the route and all other opened routes in the North East.
“Troops are on the heels of the attackers and would not relent till they are apprehended or killed. Additional security measures have also been placed to avert reoccurrence.
Meanwhile, the Theatre Command, Operation LAFIYA DOLE has debunked reports of an alleged attack on Chibok by suspected Boko Haram terrorists.
Explaining the incident, Col. Usman said, “What happened was that, 2 persons were murdered at Kwamjilari village, (which is over 30 kilometres from Chibok, and very close to Sambisa forest), by suspected remnants of Boko Haram terrorists looking for food.
“We wish to reiterate that they weren’t killed outside or near a church as being bandied around. The people from the said village are all in Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs camp in Chibok. Those who went back to the village without authorization were moved back to Chibok 2 weeks ago.
“Those killed went back on their own contrary to security advice. Nevertheless, a patrol team was sent from Chibok went to the village this morning. Adequate measures would be taken to ensure no one go back to the village for now.