The missing EgyptAir Flight 804 from Paris to Cairo has crashed, says French Prime Minister Manuel Valls.
The flight earlier in the day disappeared from radar with 66 people on board.
Here are some CNN findings so far:
• The Airbus A320 was flying at 37,000 feet when it disappeared.
• Greek controllers tried to reach the plane 10 miles before it left the country’s airspace but received no response.
• The plane “swerved 90 degrees left and then 360 degrees to the right” before plunging into the Mediterranean, a Greek official says.
• The location of last contact was 173 miles (280 kilometers) from the Egyptian coast, the airline said.
• A distress signal was detected in the vicinity where the flight disappeared from radar 2 hours later, but it could have come from another vessel.