JOSE MOURINHO has been given a one-match stadium ban by the FA.
The Portuguese will be prevented from managing his side as they travel to Stoke on November 7 after admitting an FA charge of misconduct for abusing referee Jon Moss.
He’s also been handed a £40,000 fine after attacking Moss verbally during Chelsea’s 2-1 loss to West Ham last month.
The FA said: “Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today, Jose Mourinho has been given a one-match stadium suspension with immediate effect and fined £40,000.
“The Chelsea manager admitted an FA charge of misconduct regarding his language and/or behaviour towards the match officials in or around the dressing room area during half-time of the game against West Ham United on 24 October 2015.
“With regard to Chelsea coach Silvino Louro, who denied an FA misconduct charge in relation to the same game, The FA, having considered further representation, withdrew the formal charge of improper conduct but reminded him of his responsibilities.”
Mourinho reportedly told Moss: “[Arsene] Wenger was right – you are f*****g soft!” after he sent Nemanja Matic off for a second yellow close to the end of the first half at Upton Park.
A fiery exchange followed and Mourinho was sent to the stands for the second half only to see Andy Carroll consign his side to a lade defeat with a header.
The news is the last thing Mourinho needs as he battles to save his job following a disastrous start to Chelsea’s defence of their Premier League crown.
This punishment is seperate from the suspended stadium ban Mourinho has hanging over his head following comments made after Chelsea’s defeat to Southampton, so things could get a whole lot worse for the Portuguese should he not win that appeal.