SPECIAL Task Force codenamed ‘Operation Safe Haven’, OPSH, deployed to restore law and order in Plateau and Bauchi States, at the weekend, rescued six persons abducted on November 19 around Zango-Lere forest in Lere district of Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area of Bauchi State. OPSH Commander, Major-
General Rogers Nicholas, said the families of the six Fulani persons rescued from captivity had earlier been asked to pay a ransom of N10 million. Nicholas also said the kidnappers had opened fire on personnel when they attempted a rescue operation, but later abandoned their victims due to the superior fire power they encountered from men of the taskforce. A parent of one of the victims, Malam Saleh Isa, said
the kidnappers had stormed Lere village around 11pm on November 18 and abducted three males and females. The victims gave their names as Adama Yunusa, Hajara Abdulrahman, Yakubu Manga, Musa Adamu, Habiba Mamman and Saleh Gwani. The victims were handed over to their parents at the OPSH headquarters with the Commander, Forward Operation Base, Tafawa Balewa, Colonel Adeola Kalejaiyel
stressing that his men were committed to ensuring that cattle rustling and kidnapping are brought under control. Another parent of a victim, Adamu Mamman, said criminals around Tafawa Balewa axis have now resorted to kidnapping as a way of enriching themselves. Mamman told the commander that in the past, kidnappers had abducted two children and demanded a ransom of N2 million which they paid.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE