Temporary respite came the way of embattled members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National Working Committee, NWC, yesterday as the aggrieved workers yesterday agreed to cease fire till Friday, following the intervention of elders of the party in the face-off.
The crisis was sparked off last week Thursday by decision of the NWC to cut the workforce by 50 percent, revalidate the workers and cut the salaries and allowances of the staff.
Workers had grounded activities at the PDP national secretariat since last Friday when the workers called for the sack and probe of the NWC over allegations of N12 billion grafts and maladministration.
Following the dispute between the workers and the NWC, the elders and leaders of the party, including members of the Board of Trustees led by Dr Bello Haliru Mohammed and Chief Tony Anenih, intervened to resolve the dispute.
Their intervention led to a meeting between the management (directors) and leaders of the Workers Welfare Committee on Monday.
After the meeting with the workers, the management also held similar meeting with members of the NWC at undisclosed location in Abuja, as the NWC members have been evading the party’s secretariat since the crisis began.
It was learnt that the NWC agreed to revisit their decisions that sparked the dispute and this was conveyed to the workers at a meeting with them yesterday.
The workers agreed to shield their sword until Friday, August 7, when the NWC is expected to reverse some of the contending issues.
Nigerian Pilot gathered that one of the conditions for the truce was that the workers should desist from speaking to journalists or engaging in any further publication of the crisis in the party.
The workers had on Monday threatened to go public with documents and other details of how the NWC squandered billions from the treasury of the party.
However, the PDP workers were shocked that while the party elders were seeking solutions to the crisis, they were denied access to their offices yesterday morning by a detachment of policemen that tightened security at the premises overnight.
The workers that reported to work early were turned back at the gate before their leaders made a phone call to the BoT chairman, Dr Haliru Bello, to report the lock-out order that purportedly came from the NWC.
Dr Bello was said to have called a ranking member of the NWC about the lock-out report from the workers.
His intervention led to the reversal of the order before the workers were eventually allowed to access their offices after thorough screening by the security operatives.

READ ALSO  2019 election: PDP reacts to Obasanjo’s decision