President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned in the strongest terms the latest terror attacks in Abuja, Borno and Adamawa.
This is contained in a statement personally signed by him in Abuja on Saturday.
The President said, ‘’these cowardly attacks expose the real face of the planners and perpetrators of these crimes.’’
He noted that the attacks in Maiduguri, Yola and Abuja were apparently timed to coincide with Independence Day celebrations when Nigerians would be commemorating and rejoicing October Day.
“What quarrel do they have with the good people of Nyanya Motor Park? What issue do they have with innocent people in market places in Maiduguri, Yola and Kuje?
“It is clear this battle is not ideological. It is between the forces of peace and order and the evil forces of murder and destruction,’’ he said.
Buhari, however, stated that security forces and other local authorities had been instructed to maintain extra vigilance to forestall future attacks.
He reiterated the determination of his administration to stamp out Boko Haram and all other terrorists of whatever persuasions and bring all sponsors to justice.
He said that the armed forces have been empowered to crush what remains of Boko Haram.
The President condoled with the families of the dead and prayed for the speedy recovery of those who sustained injuries as a result of the attacks.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that multiple bomb attacks were carried out by suspected members of Boko Haram sect at densely populated Kuje Main Market, a nearby police station and Jikwoyi Motor Park, Nyanya, on Friday evening.
14 persons, including the suspected suicide bombers, were reported killed in the attacks, while properties worth millions were also destroyed in the incidents. (NAN)