By using our website, mobile and tablet applications and any other Dom Communication Ltd service, you are consenting and agreeing to the practices outlined in this statement.
Dom Communication Ltd will always handle information in compliance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and any Guidelines or regulations on data protection as may be issued by the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC).
Collection of data and use of your personal information
We collect your data and personal information in the following ways:
- On our website when you use the ‘Contact us’ forms for an enquiry
- When you download our mobile and web apps or subscribe to our email newsletters
We use your data and personal information in the following ways:
- To improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- To provide you with requested information or correspondence, such as a Dom Communication Directory or a response from us to an enquiry made by you.
- To send you details of your new account details or login information – usually via email.
- With your permission, your contact details may be used to supply information to you by telephone, email or post, about our company. and to send you occasional promotional material, such as information about special offers which we think you might find valuable. If you do not agree to receive this information, you may opt out from receiving future information at any time.
- We may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This ensures that the quality of data we have on your account(s) is maintained properly.
Non-disclosure to third parties
The information and data we collect is important for Dom Communication Ltd and we would not want to share this anyone else. Unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
Credit or debit card data is never viewed or disclosed to anyone, ever.
Dom Communication Ltd uses its own cookies and tags as well as those from third parties to allow us to do a number of things that improve your website experience. They are used to compile anonymous statistics related to the use of the website or actions that you may take whilst visiting the website. They can also be used to ensure the website works efficiently or by third parties to present you with appropriate offers and advertising as you view other sites on the internet.
Whilst cookies/tags may identify you as a user of the website, your personal details are not stored or used to individually identify you and the cookie/tag cannot access or store any personal information which you have not provided to the website during your visit. They are also not able to put malicious software or viruses on your computer or change the operation of your equipment.
You can usually change your browser’s settings so that it will not accept cookies, although this may restrict some website functionality. You may also manage the cookies on your browser using the security or privacy settings. Usually the browser help function will provide you with instructions on how to manage your settings. Removing cookies is something that can be done at any time but unless permanently disallowed they will be re-applied next time you visit the website.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
Security of your information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. This is to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. For additional peace of mind, credit card details are not recorded on the Dom Communication Ltd site when making an order.