CultistsHell was let loose on Sallah day, when Muslim faithful celebrated the Eid-el-fitri, at Bariga area of Lagos state as suspected cultists numbering about 20 attacked merry makers and injured three people in the process.
The attack occurred at about 5 p.m, at 4, Shofunwa Street, Bariga, where one of the tenants, AderemilekunAduloju, who newly moved into the house invited his friends to celebrate the festival with him.
An eye witness, Ojo Alashela, who was also at the celebration, informed Nigerian Pilot Sunday that mid way to the party, when the host’s sittingroom could not contain them, they all moved down to the outside of the building.
Ojo said midway to the celebration, one of the alleged cultists, named Sheriff Osilaja, who is a landlord’s son on the street, joined them to demand for drinks which they gave to him. He added that sooner than later, another member of the gang, named Alamu Olaribigbe, later came to ask them why they were so many and that they should all move out of the compound.
Ojo said while they were asking them why they want them out of the compound, the said Alamu called in other members of the gangs who came into the scene with dangerous weapons such as guns, cutlasses and bottles and stabbed three people in the process.
Those allegedly stabbed by the gangs includes; Niran Atoyebi, one Rotimi and Aderemilekun Aduloju, who hosted his friends.
It was gathered that the alleged cult leader, Aremu, has been arrested by the Police and currently detained at Bariga Police Division.
Another source who witnessed the attacked said the alleged gang leader, Alamu Olaribigbe, has once been arrested for such attacked in the area.
The source said if not for the quick intervention of the Police the alleged cultists would have caused more harms and damages.
The alleged cultists apart from injuring three people, also accused of vandalizing the properties of the tenant and well stole the jewelry belonging to Aduloju’s wife.
When our correspondent visited the Police Division, a police officer who pleaded to be unanimous, confirmed the incident.
But the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the division declined to comment on the issue, pointing that the paper shouldcontact the Police Spokesperson for any detail on the matter.
However, all efforts to speak with the Police spokesperson on the matter proved abortive, as his phone was switched off.

READ ALSO  Gunmen attack Ekiti police station, kill officer, remove guns