Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswam has said he would go ahead with the process of installing first class chief, insisting that his government was yet to be served with any court injunction stopping the process.
The governor said this yesterday while addressing newsmen in Makurdi.
It would be recalled that the state High Court last Monday issued a court injunction restraining the governor from installing first class chiefs in the state.
The suit, which was brought before the court by the minority leader of the Benue State House of Assembly, Hon. Benjamin Adanyi, against Governor Suswam and eight others, urged the court to stay action on the implementation of the law establishing first class chiefs in the state, arguing that it was unlawfully passed.
The court presided over by the state chief judge, Justice Iorhemen Hwand, ruling on the ex parte motion urged the state government to stay action on the process until the determination of the suit.
But Suswam, while addressing newsmen in Makurdi yesterday, maintained that he had not been served with any court injunction, insisting that he followed due process with the assembly passing the law before he assented to it.
So far, five first class chiefs have already been named, including Suswam’s immediate elder brother, Terkura Suswam.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE