WIFE of the Deputy Managing Director of The
Sun Newspapers, Mrs. Toyin Nwosu yesterday
morning regained her freedom from kidnappers
who abducted her in their home on Monday in
Okota, Lagos.
Mrs. Nwosu was found around First Gate,
Amuwo Odofin near Zenith Bank by Festac
around 2:20am by security operatives where her
abductors abandoned her.
At the residence of the Nwosu’s it was
jubilation galore over the release of Toyin
as friends, colleagues and relations came to
celebrate with the family, while reporters also
came around in their large numbers to capture
the mood of the family.
Toyin, in her comment, thanked President
Muhammadu Buhari, The Sun Newspapers
staff, her colleagues at the local government,
NIPR members and other well wishers for her
safe release.
In an emotion- laden voice she said, “I did
not even know that I am this popular. I want to
thank everybody, including the media houses.
God is just the ultimate. I thank you so much
that I am alive and kicking. One thing I will tell
Nigerians is, if you are doing good, continue;
God will help us all.”
Speaking also, her husband, Mr. Nwosu
lauded all who made efforts to secure the release
of his wife.
He explained that he was called by the
kidnappers of her wife to go and pick her up in
a location in Festac.
He expressed gratitude to the publisher of The
Sun, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, the security agencies,
the managing director, Mr. Eric Osagie, and
other media houses for the roles they played
in the release of his wife.
In his word, “we just want to thank
Nigerians and to say we are happy she
was released in the wee hours of today. I
am sorry we might not be able to give the
details because police who have been on the
case all along said they will address a press
conference this morning.
“We do not know how this happened, all
we know is that we were asked to pick her
up somewhere this morning. Incidentally, the
security agents, including the Commissioner
of Police, Fatai Owoseni were there too. I
really do not know what happened besides
that some people called and said we should
come to a certain place and pick her, which
we did and she is home.
“So, we want to thank all Nigerians and
thank the government, security agencies and
all those involved,” Nwosu said.
On whether the ransom money was paid,
Nwosu said he could not afford to pay that
kind of money as a journalist.
“Where will I be get a hundred million?
Let the police say what they did and let Dr.
Kalu also say how this happened. All I know
is that I got my wife back. What happened in
between, I do not know,” he said, adding: “I
want to allow the police address their press
conference and then I will also talk to my
Chairman, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, as well as the
managing director of The Sun, Eric Osagie,
who did all the running.”
Mrs. Nwosu was abducted from her
home in the wee hours of Monday with her
kidnappers demanding N100 million as
ransom for her release.

READ ALSO  Herdsmen/farmers clash: Taraba NUJ supports establishment of cattle ranches