Following last week Thursday stampede in Mina, Saudi Arabia where 717 pilgrims were killed and 863 injured during the Islamic commemoration of Jamarat, the Saudi authorities have said investigations are ongoing to unravel the immediate and remote causes of the incident and make information on the findings available to the world as soon as possible.
It would be recalled that the incident, which has attracted criticisms and condemnations over the huge loss of lives occurred just as pilgrims from all over the world were making their way to and from the area.
Since the ugly tragedy happened, the Saudi Civil Defence Officials have been seen barricading major roads and areas leading to the place, while more stringent measures are now been introduced to enforce compliance of pilgrims on the paths leading to and from the area.
Meanwhile, pilgrims from Ogun State are continuing with other hajj rites and activities, as the pilgrims who are still in Minna are seen throwing pebbles at the three Jamarat for the second day running.
The Chairman, Ogun State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board, Dr. Ishaq Yusuf said Ogun pilgrims are expected to complete their stoning rites today and are expected back in their hotels in Mecca where they would embark on the tawaf of the Kabbah and do the sa’ee for hajj.
He noted that after completing these activities, the first batch of pilgrims are scheduled to be airlifted back home to Nigeria from today.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE