The Defence Headquarters said troops had arrested two masterminds of last year’s bombing at the Gombe Line Transport Service after a shootout in Gombe on Sunday.

READ ALSO  Kwankwaso accuses Ganduje of ‘splitting party’, faces expulsion

This is contained in a statement issued on Tuesday in Abuja by the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade.

Olukolade said the two suspected high profile terrorists were eventually arrested following surveillance and intelligence operations that tracked them to a check point at Bajoga in the state.

READ ALSO  Biafra: Kanu a bigger crowd-puller than Buhari, says Kukah

He said one of the terrorists sustained serious injuries during the encounter and he is being treated at a military medical centre.

READ ALSO  Buhari returns to London next week – Presidency

The defence spokesman said interrogation of the suspects had commenced.


Loading...
loading...
SHARE