Defence Headquarters, DHQ, in Abuja has confirmed that troops have apprehended two suspected masterminds of last year’s bombing at the Gombe Line Transport Services.
In a statement issued yesterday by the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, he said they were arrested after a shootout with troops in Gombe on Sunday.
Olukolade stated further that the two suspected high profile terrorists were eventually arrested following surveillance and intelligence operations that tracked them to a check point at Bajoga in the state.
He said one of them sustained serious injuries during the encounter. He is being treated at a military medical centre.
Interrogation of the suspects has started.
Nigerian pilot recalls that no fewer than 30 persons were killed when a bomb was detonated by some suspected Boko Haram insurgents at a bus terminus in Gombe on November 1, 2014.
Some residents of the town, who spoke to journalists, said the blast occurred at about 9am when the bus terminus was filled with travellers.

READ ALSO  US Forces Locate Chibok Girls - New York Times

Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.