• As 8 denounce sect membership Parades 2 fake recruitment officers

combatChief of Army Staff, Major General Tukur Buratai has boosted that the army under his command is combat ready to confront any form of internal and external aggression on Nigeria.
Buratai, who stressed that Nigerian Army troops are back on track to effectively respond to emerging challenges associated with protecting the territorial integrity of the country, spoke against the backdrop of successive operations against Boko Haram in recent weeks even as eight members of the terrorist group yesterday denounced membership of the group.
The COAS stated this in Abuja while leading serving army personnel to participate in the monthly `Route March Exercise,’ that kicked off in the morning from the Aguyi Ironsi Cantonment to the Guards Brigade Polo Club and back to the Cantonment.
At the programme, which was held simultaneously in army formations across the country, the COAS assured that the troops across the country were physically sound and mentally ready to take on any task assigned to them.
“The Nigerian Army is back, we are fully back on track. The previous impression should be erased, the Nigerian Army is professional. We are re-emphasising training which is very important as we strive to remain professional and this is in line with my vision to have a professionally responsive army.
“The key emphasis here is physical fitness, then mental alertness and spiritual upliftment, which are at the core of our operations across the country and the world at large,’’ he said and called on all soldiers and officers to strive to maintain an optimal level of physical fitness and mental alertness as the military makes effort to provide security to troubled parts of the country.
The eight members of the terror sect that denounced their membership of the sect, did so in Mussa in Askira/Uba Local Government Area of Borno State, according to the chairman of the youth vigilance group in the town, Apagu Istifanus.
Speaking yesterday, the chairman said the eight, who claimed that they were tired of killing innocent persons, confirmed their membership following their arrest and interrogation but said that they were ready to renounce their membership and rejoin their families.
“We arrested eight Boko Haram members in Mussa around 4pm on Thursday and when we interrogated them, they said they were tired, they did not want to wage Jihad again and we handed them over to the military in Mubi, Adamawa State.”
He revealed that six out of the arrested members of the sect were from Gwoza town, the headquarters of Gwoza Local Government Area, even as residents of Miringa town of Biu LGA of the state have decried the locking down of the town by the military authorities for about six days. They lamented that they had been made to go hungry as they were made to go without food, water and other basic necessities of life.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian army has paraded two members of a syndicate parading themselves as officers in charge of recruitment into the military.
Acting Director of Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, while parading the suspected fraudsters in Abuja yesterday said the suspects were, whose are both 20 years old, were arrested in Ekpoma, Edo, following a tip off.
Col. Usman said the duo were arrested for impersonating senior military officers and dispossesing unsuspecting members of the public of their money in the guise of assisting them gain employment into the army.
He disclosed that the suspects had opened a face book account through which they reached out to the public by promising them assistance to join the military for a fee.
“The essence of parading these suspected fraudsters is to serve as deterrent to other persons with similar intentions and to alert the public to avoid falling into their hands. The army is once again alerting the public about the criminal activities of the fraudsters and many others.
“We also want to reiterate that members of the public should ignore face book advertisements for recruitment or commission into the Nigerian Army. They should rely on the authentic information on the army’s official website,’’ he said.
Further, Usman said that the suspects, both National Diploma graduates of Auchi Polytechnic, also had in their possession incriminating documents such as bank statements and ATM cards.
He said the suspects would be handed over to the police for prosecution as soon as the Special Investigation Bureau of the Nigerian Army concluded its investigations into the matter.

Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.