Kaduna State Police Command yesterday said no arrest had been made with regards to the killing of 14 Fulani by suspected gunmen at Sabon Birni community of Igabi Local Government Area of the state.
It would be recalled that the suspected gunmen on Sunday stormed the Sabon Birni village Market and massacred 14 Fulanis in the area.
According to report, the attackers only went after Fulanis in the market and gunned them down around 2pm on the fateful day.
It was gathered that traders ran for safety during the attack as the gunmen who were believed to be on a reprisal attack carried out the action.
When contacted, the Police command spokesperson, DSP Zubairu Abubakar said report of the incidence was yet to get to the command but the it had since sent its men to the area.
“Immediately we got the information from the area we sent our men to fish out the killers. They are still in the bush trying to get the attackers but as I speak to you now we are yet to make any arrest.
“The fulani leaders making such accusation have not even come to the command to make their complain officially. We are still waiting for them to come and give their statement so that we can invite the suspects who were said to be members of vigilante in the area for their side of the story,” he said.
The command spokesperson further added that they had sent invitation to the leaders of the vigilante in the area.
On his part, secretary general of Miyyeti Allah Association of Nigeria in the state, Aliyu Iliyasu Ardido said the deceased were from different communities and that they were at the market to sell their cattle when they were attacked.
He alleged that their attackers were members of vigilante from Udawa and Kuriga villages in the area.
“They wore vigilante and soldiers uniform but we suspected them to be from Oduwa and Kuriga communities. We believed they were on reprisal attacks in the area because they always suspected Fulanis to be the people attacking their communities in the past.
“As I speak to you 20 of our members are still missing. We appeal to government to intervene and we have sent our letter of complaint to the police in the area,” he said.
The secretary general also said the family members of the deceased had since collected the copses for burial.


Ad:See How you can turn $500 into $10,000 Click HERE For Details.
SHARE