The former Bauchi State Governor, Isa Yuguda who deserted the state since after losing the 2015 elections, resurface in the state capital on Thursday afternoon amidst state government order banning public gathering.
Yuguda stormed the state capital where he was received by a mammoth crowd that escorted him from the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa International airport to his residence near the government house.
Despite the sudden announcement on Wednesday night by the state government in a statement issued by the Secretary to the State Government, Bello Shehu Ilelah banning all public gathering in the state, thousands of youth took to the road from the Airport to his official residence, which is about 20 kilometers, on motorcycles and cars.
Heavily armed security agents in over 20 hilux Vans and an Armoured tank, were seen stationed along the Airport road. Two people were feared shot by the security personnel at the airport as they were rushed to the hospital for medical treatment after a disagreement occurred between them.
Speaking to newsmen the former aide to Isa Yuguda, Imamu Ahmed who was the Special Adviser to Yuguda on Security matters, said he was hit by two bullets on his chest and leg.
“We were at the Airport to welcome our boss who returned back to Bauchi. All of a sudden, two bullets hit me on the chest and on my leg. Two others that were also shot are presently in the hospital receiving treatment. Mine was not that bad because the bullet only brushed me. I went to the hospital and was treated, you can even see the bandages,” Ahmed stated.
Speaking to newsmen after his return to the state for the first time since he left office in May 2015, Isa Yuguda thanked the people of the state for the rousing welcome and urged people of the state to always be law abiding citizens.
He said he was in the state to see his friends and family after his medical treatment abroad, saying his visit was not political, saying politicking can only be discussed in future but not now. #

READ ALSO  Veteran Egyptian journalist Mohamed Hassanein Heikal dies at 92